The Best Things To Do in St. Augustine, FL
St. Augustine, Florida, has a fascinating past dating back to its Spanish discovery in 1565. Today, it’s home to some of the most breathtaking colonial Spanish architecture and is the oldest continuously occupied city in the United States. Often referred to as the “Old City,” St. Augustine is a magical city where old meets new and is a fantastic vacation destination for all ages.
As the nation’s oldest city, people travel from near and far to experience this gorgeous coastal town. When you stay with us at Agustin Inn in the historic district, you will be close to all the best things to do in St. Augustine, FL. Whether you are interested in relaxing on the beautiful beaches, shopping downtown, going on a guided tour of the city, or eating at one of the many restaurants near our inn, we guarantee you’ll have a trip you’ll never forget.
Ways to Explore St. Agustine, Florida
As locals, we're always here to help you decide how to spend your time during your vacation. Take a look at our picks for some of the best things to do in St. Augustine.
Take a Tour of the City
Within the city, there's such a wide array of things to do and places to see; it can sometimes be overwhelming. Perhaps consider taking one of the many tours around town! These tours are the perfect way to learn about St. Augustine's history from friendly and educated guides.
- Old Town Trolley Tour: Without a doubt, this is one of the most popular tours in town. If you purchase your admission directly from Agustin Inn, you’ll have the option to get a three-day ticket at an exclusive price. This hop-on, hop-off tour goes to 23 stops around downtown St. Augustine.
- Get spooky and take a ghost tour, like the Ghosts and Gravestones Tour.
- Enjoy a private, romantic carriage tour.
- Set sail on one of the picturesque sunset cruises. The famous Schooner Freedom Sunset Sail is one of our add-on attractions here at the inn.
Visit a Museum or Historic Site
It should be no surprise that this ancient city is home to many educational museums and historical sites. Many of these sites are just a short walk from Agustin Inn!
Enjoy Family-Friendly Fun
If you’re traveling with children 12 years and up, we’d be more than happy to host you here at Agustin Inn. Fill your days with family-friendly fun and consider stopping by these exciting attractions!
- Take a picture with the wax models of historical figures, celebrities, athletes, and more at Potter’s Wax Museum (America’s oldest wax museum).
- Get wild at St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park (the only facility in the world with all 24 currently recognized species of crocodilian).
- Go back in time and examine pirate artifacts at St. Augustine Pirate & Treasure Museum.
- Do you believe? Check out the bizarre exhibits at Ripley’s Believe it or Not.
Dine at a Delectable Local Restaurant
Our charming city is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. With our mix of Spanish, British, Cuban, and American cuisines, paired with some of the freshest seafood around, you won’t have to search far to find something delicious to eat.
- Indulge in fresh-caught seafood at Catch 27.
- Treat yourself to a romantic date night at Michael’s Tasting Room.
- Try classic Cuban and Spanish dishes at the oldest eatery in Florida, Columbia Restaurant.
- Find out for yourself why The Floridian Restaurant’s motto is “innovative southern fare for omnivores, herbivores, and locavores.”
Shop ‘Til You Drop
Agustin Inn is a short walk from St. George Street, a pedestrian-only thoroughfare with unique shops and boutiques! You never know what amazing souvenirs you’ll find here.
- Find a quirky gift or a cheeky koozie at Red Pineapple Boutique.
- Are you looking for a beautiful leather bag or another new accessory? Head to Spanish Dutch Convoy.
- Get a present for your four-legged friend at Faux Paws Dog Shoppe.
- Get a taste of homemade chocolates or ice cream at Kilwin's Chocolates.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors
With its mild temperatures, there’s always an outdoor adventure awaiting in St. Augustine. Whether you prefer to have a relaxing day on the beach or want a thrilling parasailing experience, we’ve got you covered.