Sightsee in style during your stay in St. Augustine! With the Matanzas Bay bordering our city, you’ll find plenty of wonderful opportunities to take to the water on a cruise. From the boat, you’ll see the city’s most famous monuments and historic sites. Plus, a St. Augustine sightseeing cruise is the perfect addition to any romantic getaway. Keep reading to get the details and start planning your trip today!
Book Passage on a St. Augustine Sightseeing Cruise
Scenic Cruise in St. Augustine
Let’s started with the oldest cruise in the nation’s oldest city! Scenic Cruise opened in 1918 when Frank Usina made a home for his family in nearby North Beach. At the time, that area was only accessible by boat. Famous industrialist Henry Flagler asked Frank and his wife to host oyster roasts on the island. They also ferried guests back and forth from the Ponce De Leon Hotel (which is now Flagler College) and the Alcazar Hotel (which is now the Lightner Museum). From there, the business expanded into the operation you see today.
When you book your ride, you’ll get to enjoy a narrated tour that lasts over an hour. Your knowledgeable captain will educate you on the many amazing landmarks around town. It’s a great way to snap some beautiful photos and learn about the history of our wonderful city.
There are typically four cruises departing every day at 11:00 a.m. as well as 1:00, 2:45 and 4:30 p.m. They leave from the St. Augustine Municipal Marina, which is a 10-minute walk from Agustin Inn.
Florida Water Tours
If you’re looking for a wide variety of rides, Florida Water Tours is an excellent option. There are four relaxing excursions, each special in its own way. If you’d prefer something a bit more intimate, they also have private trips available.
- Wine Tasting Cruise: What’s better than a wine tasting? Having a wine tasting on a cruise, of course! This year-round tour runs in the early evening from Thursday to Sunday. six samples of wine, plus a full complimentary drink, are both included in your ticket. There is also an assortment of cheese and crackers to enjoy. This 90-minute ride departs from Camachee Cove Marina, a 10-minute drive from Agustin Inn. You’ll see some of the city’s most famous sites, like the St. Augustine Lighthouse.
- Dolphin and Wildlife Adventure: Who says learning about nature can’t be fun? On Florida Water Tours’ ecotour, you’ll get to explore wetlands and coastal marshes, as well as see local wildlife. It is also 90 minutes long. There will be boxed water and soft drinks on sale, but they suggest that you bring a refillable water bottle and a picnic lunch.
- Sunset Cruise: This is just for the 21-and-over crowd! You and your partner can enjoy stunning views of Castillo de San Marcos or Mission Nombre de Dios. See stunning sites and enjoy a glass of wine or beer courtesy of the cash bar.
- Full Moon Tour: If you’re in town for the full moon, you’ll definitely want to book a seat on this cruise! It’s offered three nights of the month. There’s nothing quite as beautiful as watching the full moon rise over Matanzas Bay. Availability can be scarce, so be sure to this when you book your room at Agustin Inn!
- Nights of Lights Tour: Some visitors choose to see St. Augustine’s famous Nights of Lights on foot. Some prefer to see it on a trolley tour. However, you may not know that boat cruises are an especially nice way of seeing St. Augustine all lit up. During the festival, Florida Water Tours offers three cruises per night. The first is at 6:00 p.m. and is available for all ages. The next two are at 7:45 and 9:30 p.m. and are for adults only.
If you’re planning a romantic getaway, there’s no better company to book with than Schooner Freedom! They offer a wide variety of daily sails, as well as specialty tours. Their most popular tours are the Day, Sunset, and Moonlight Sails. Each excursion allows travelers to sightsee and enjoy the calm waters of St. Augustine, just at different times of day! Your admission includes complimentary wine, beer, sodas, or water. The Sunset Sail is our favorite, which is why we’ve allowed our guests to book this sail as part of our add-on attractions! Simply include this in your Agustin Inn reservation, and we’ll take care of the rest. Schooner Freedom’s other specialty tours include:
- Fins and Freedom: Two amazing companies teamed up to create one outstanding tour! Enjoy an awesome eco-tour during your summertime stay. This is a great choice for families, but there are only a few trips available, so book early!
- Full Moon Sail: Enjoy the calm night and a full moon while you listen to live music and sip complimentary wine! This special cruise only happens once a month, so book in advance!
- Nights of Lights Tour: Discover why the Nights of Lights makes St. Augustine one of the top places to see Christmas lights in the world! Schooner Freedom knows just where to go to find the best views of the water.
Book Your Stay Today With Agustin Inn
Are you ready to plan the adventure of a lifetime? Then book your stay today at Agustin Inn! Our historic town is the perfect place for a romantic getaway, family trip, or weekend getaway. Agustin Inn offers exception accommodations. From the gorgeous guest rooms to the top-notch amenities, there is so much to enjoy. Plus, our bed and breakfast is in the heart of the historic downtown district. It’s easy to explore all of St. George Street or head over to the Lightner Museum from our front door!
Enhance your stay with one of our vacation specials! The Ultimate Romance Package is sure to help you impress your loved one. It includes a private horse and carriage ride, a half-dozen chocolate-covered strawberries, complimentary champagne on ice, one-dozen assorted roses, and a flameless candle waiting for you in your room.
Check our availability and book today! We look forward to having you.