There’s always a reason to celebrate in St. Augustine! Whether it’s season-long concert series or cultural festivals, it’s not uncommon to see a crowd of revelers gathered in town. If you’re planning a trip, why not use these St. Augustine events as a guide to decide the best time to visit? Preview some of our favorite events down below.
The Best St. Augustine Events
- St. Augustine Lions Seafood Festival: Held in late March, typically around the first days of spring, the St. Augustine Lions Seafood Festival brings music, almost 100 arts and crafts exhibitors and vendors, and (of course) delicious Florida seafood!
- Rhythm & Ribs Festival: Is there any better combination than barbecue and live music? Enjoy award-winning fare as well as local and nationally known bands at this fantastic event. Early April marks the date for the event voted St. Augustine’s best festival for 12 years!
- A Taste of St. Augustine: Spring is the season of renewal, and in St. Augustine, the season for food festivals! Discover why our city is quickly becoming known as a popular foodie destination. Local restaurants, wineries, and cafes participate in giving visitors a taste of what makes them special.
- Concerts in the Plaza: What’s better than live music? The answer is free live music! Concerts in the Plaza is a series held from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Every Thursday night, you can catch a show at the Plaza de la Constitución.
- Music by the Sea: What’s better than one free concert series? The answer is two free concert series! Music by the Sea is held every Wednesday during the summer at St. Johns County Pier Park. Enjoy live music with a gorgeous view of the water.
- Fireworks over Matanzas: There’s no better place to celebrate our country’s independence than in the Nation’s Oldest City! This 4th of July celebration includes live music and one of the largest fireworks displays in the East Coast!
- Greek Festival: Opa! Enjoy traditional Greek music and dance, delicious food, educational displays, and unique vendors when you attend the Greek Festival of St. Augustine. It’s held every year in mid-October.
- First Coast Arts & Crafts Festival: The First Coast Arts & Crafts Festival’s fall show is spectacular. In late October, you’ll get to browse through vendors showing off their handmade works. There’s everything from exquisite jewelry to home decor. Admission is free!
- Nights of Lights: Discover why St. Augustine was named one of the best places to see holiday lights by National Geographic! This highly anticipated event decorates the city with over three million lights. The fun begins in mid-November, with the Light Up! Ceremony. Be sure to take the St. Augustine Nights of Lights Trolley Tour to take in the splendor.
- Old City Pirate Fest: St. Augustine has a long history with pirates, and you can learn all about it at the Old City Pirate Fest! It takes place in late January and features pirate-themed food, drink, and entertainment.
- Annual Bed and Breakfast Holiday Tour: This event is dear to our hearts! The Annual Bed and Breakfast Holiday Tour allows visitors and locals to see the beautiful inns that make our town so special (including our very own establishment!). Each of the B&Bs has partnered with a local restaurant so you’ll be able to sample some delicious fare as well as seeing these beautiful locations.
Stay at Agustin Inn
Have you picked out which of these St. Augustine events you want to attend? Then go ahead and book a room at Agustin Inn! Our historic bed and breakfast has an excellent location in the center of downtown St. Augustine, as well as gorgeous guest rooms, convenient amenities, and a delicious daily breakfast!
Check our availability and book today! We look forward to having you.
Are you looking for the best St. Augustine events happening tomorrow or in the next three days? Follow us on Facebook! We’re always posting up-to-date information on the goings on in the Nation’s Oldest City!