The Agustin is happy to announce another accolade and another reason to schedule your stay in St. Augustine this Spring and Summer Season! Our very own St. Augustine Beach has made headlines!
St. Augustine Beach has made the annual TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards list in 2017 coming in at No. 8 with Siesta Beach in the Florida Keys taking the No. 1 spot.
Florida was the overall winner in the U.S. with seven of the top 10 beaches, and 10 of the top 25 on the world list. TripAdvisor gathered ratings over the last 12 months on 343 beaches across the world and used this data to compile the winners.
Other Florida winners include St. Petersburg Beach #3, Clearwater Beach #4, Panama City Beach #5, Hollywood Beach #6, Pensacola Beach #7, Fort Lauderdale Beach #11, South Beach #12 and Henderson Beach State Park at #17.
Florida received the most beaches on this years U.S. top 25 with ten, Hawaii followed with seven, California had three. Maine, Maryland, Massachuestts, Georgia and Virginia each had one on the list.
Siesta Beach was the only U.S. beach to reach the top 25 on the world list at No. 5. Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil won the prize as overall best beach.
Florida beaches have topped the list for the last three consecutive years.
TripAdvisor’s rankings for the U.S. top 25:
- Siesta Beach on Siesta Key near Sarasota, Florida
- Ka’anapali Beach Lahaina, Hawaii
- St. Pete Beach, Florida
- Clearwater Beach Clearwater, Florida
- Beach at Panama City Panama City Beach, Florida
- Hollywood Beach, Hollywood, Florida
- Pensacola Beach, Pensacola Beach, Florida
- St. Augustine Beach Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
- Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve Honolulu, Hawaii
- Ocean City Beach Ocean City, Maryland
- Fort Lauderdale Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- South Beach Miami Beach, Florida
- Wai’anapanapa State Park Hana, Hawaii
- Ogunquit Beach Ogunquit, Maine
- Wailea Beach, Wailea, Hawaii
- Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
- Henderson Beach State Park, Destin, Florida
- Driftwood Beach, Jekyll Island, Georgia
- Virginia Beach, Virginia Beach, Virginia
- Santa Monica Beach, Santa Monica, California
- La Jolla Shores Park, La Jolla, California
- Hapuna Beach, Waimea, Hawaii
- Race Point Beach, Provincetown, Massachusetts
- Carlsbad State Beach, Carlsbad, California
- Poipu Beach Park, Poipu, Hawaii
Here at the Agustin Inn Bed and Breakfast we strive to make your stay most memorable. We offer a prime location close to just about anything you wish to do during your visit; including a trip to the beach. The two ways you could spend your day at the beach include just a short driving distance over the Lion’s Bridge to A1A or if you have added the Old Town Trolley Tour to your stay, your three day ticket includes complimentary access to their beach shuttle that runs every hour just a short walking distance to the inn.
Link to original article and full list of 25 beaches here